Sponsored by Sloan Foundation Conference on South Asian Science Engagement a two-day workshop organized by the Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Safety, National University of Singapore will be held in 18-19 October. The workshop will be divided into the following sessions:
• Varieties Development of Rice
• Crop Technologies and Innovations
• Water & Irrigation for Rice Development
• Climate Change and Rice Development: Developing C4 Rice
• Seed Sciences and Technologies.
The workshop will end up in a Round Table Conference:Taking South Asian Science Engagement forward. Bangladesh will be represented by Prof. Zeba I. Seraj who will talk on “The use of biotechnological tools of rice production in the subtropical conditions in BD. The other delegate from BD is Dr. Hafizur Rahman at Space Research & Remote Sensing Organization (SPARRSO).