I am the principal investigator of the Laboratory of Alternative Medicine and Natural Product Research in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chittagong. Currently I am carrying out the research to explore the novel and indigenous sources of phytomedicinal components as alternative therapeutics and their delivery in the cellular target with convenient vehicle using nanosystem. My especial interest on dealing with the discovery and delivery of novel plant-derived drugs for noncommunicable chronic diseases especially type 2 diabetes and chemical induced acute hepatic toxicity through intervention in animal models. I am as well working on the phytopharmacological and biological effects, of Bangladeshi medicinal plants/plant parts yet to be unveiled, which are being mechanistically justified through simulation using in silico model.
Apart from my laboraotry work, I am interested in organizing, arrrangin
I have been awarded by MEXT SCHOLARSHIP FOR PhD degree IN the United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Ehime University Japan I have also been awarded for a postdoctoral fellowship in KwaZulu Natal University (Westville Campus) Durban, from National Research Fund of South African Govt. I have awarded the best speaker award in many seminars and conference in and out of the country. Recently I have been awarded the best invited speaker award in Annamali Univesrsity, TamilNadu. I have been working as editorial board of some national and international journals:
Editorial Board Member and Reviewer
Managing Editor, Chittagong University Journal of Biological Sciences
Associate Editor, BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine
Editor, Indian Journal of Nutrition
Reviewer of J of Ethnopharmacology, Pharmaceutical Biology, Medicinal Chemistry, Planta Medica, Fitoterapia, Medicinal Plants Research, Biomedicine and Pharmacotherapy and some others.
university of chittagong
I have already mentioned in other heads that I am the PI of the laboratory of alternative medicine and natural product research lab of the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Chittagong, Bangladesh. So far I have supervised more than 35 MS students and currently I am supervising 2 PhD, 5 M.Phil and 3 Ms students. Recently a student, Amreen, from Illinois Institute of Technology has completed a 3 months internship in my Laboratory. Our laboraotory is furnished with cutting-edge technological facilities especially Flowcytometry, DNA sequencer, RT PCR, Reverse phase HPLC, LC-MS etc. I have conducted good numbers of research projects. Few of them is as follows:
- Research Grant from University Research Cell (2007-2008).
- Special Research Allocation from the Ministry of Science, Information and Technology, Bangladesh (2007-2008).
- Research Grant from University Grant Commission, Bangladesh (2008-2009).
- Special Research Allocation from University Grant Commission, Bangladesh, 2009.
- National Agricultural Technology Project Phase-I (NATP-I/PIU- BARC-56/SPGR-P/2008 (Vol II)/3291.
- Special Research Allocation from the Ministry of Science and Technology, Bangladesh, 2013.
- Research Grant from University Research Cell, University of Chittagong, 2013.
- Special Research Allocation from the University Grant Commission, Bangladesh, 2013.
- Special Allocation from the Ministry of Science and Technology in 2015-16.
- UGC-Dean Research Grant 2015-16.
- Research Grant from Ministry of Science and Technology for the year 2017-18.
- Raphael Aminua, Mohammed Auwal Ibrahima,*, Md. Atiar Rahmanb, Raju Dash, Ismaila Alhaji Umar. Trypanosuppresive effects of ellagic acid and amelioration of the trypanosome-associated pathological features coupled with inhibitory effects on trypanosomal sialidase in vitro and in silico. Phytomedicine 30 (2017) 67–73.
- Raphael Aminu, Ismaila Alhaji Umar, Md. Atiar Rahman, Mohammed Auwal Ibrahim. Stigmasterol retards the proliferation and pathological features of Trypanosoma congolense infection in rats and inhibits trypanosomal sialidase in vitro and in silico. Biomedicine & Pharmacotherapy 89 (2017) 482–489.
- Md. Josim Uddin, Mohammad Nazmul Alam, Kushal Biswas & Md. Atiar Rahman. In vitro antioxidative and cholinesterase inhibitory properties of Thunbergia grandiflora leaf extract.Cogent Food & Agriculture (2016), 2: 1256929. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/23311932.2016.1256929
- Mohammad Shah Hafez Kabir,Mohammed Munawar Hossain, Md. Imtiazul Kabir, Shabbir Ahmad, Nishan Chakrabarty, Md. Atiar Rahman* and Md. Mominur Rahman. Antioxidant, antidiarrheal, hypoglycemic and thrombolytic activities of organic and aqueous extracts of Hopea odorata leaves and in silico PASS prediction of its isolated compounds. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine (2016) 16:474. DOI 10.1186/s12906-016-1461-x
- S.M. Faysal Bellah, Md. Nur Islam, Md. Rezaul Karim, Md. Masudur Rahaman, Mst. Samima Nasrin, Md. Atiar Rahman and A.S.M. Ali Reza. Evaluation of cytotoxic, analgesic, antidiarrheal,and phytochemical properties of Hygrophila spinosa (T. Anders) whole plant. J Basic Clin Physiol Pharmacol 2016; DOI 10.1515/jbcpp-2016-0103.
- A. M. Abu Ahmed & Sarowar Jahan Khan & Nipun Mojumder & Farjana Sharmin & Atiar Rahman & Muhammad Abu Bakar & J.M. Kamirul Hasan Chowdhury &Mohammad Ali Azadi. Water hyacinth (Eichhornia crassipes) fractions potentially normalize the lead (Pb) poisoning and enhance in vitro thrombolysis. Orient Pharm Exp Med. 2016; DOI 10.1007/s13596-016-0243-9.
- Rawshan Zannat, Mir Muhammad Nasir Uddin, Md. Atiar Rahman, Jannatul Aklima and Md. Mamun Al Amin. Antihistamines considerably modulate the cognitive and psychomotor performance of human volunteers. Cogent Psychology (2016), 3: 1216242. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/23311908.2016.1216242
- Mohammad Nazim Uddin, Mohammad Atiar Rahman, Hemayet Hossain, Tanzir Ahmed Khan, Rehana Akter. Hig-performance Liquid Chromatographic (HPLC) analysis explores the potential antioxidative agents of Argyreia argentea var. discolor (Blume) Forman extract. Journal of Pharmacy and Bioallied Science, In press.
- Tania Sharmin, Chowdhury Md. Monirul Hasan, Sheikh Aftabuddin, Md. Atiar Rahman, and Mala Khan. Growth, Fatty acid and Lipid composition of marine microalgae Skeletonema costatum available in Bangladesh coast: consideration as biodiesel feedstock. Journal of Marine Biology. Volume 2016, Article ID 6832847, 8 pages.
- Sakia Ferdous, Md. Atiar Rahman*, Md. Mamun Al-Amin, Jannatul Aklima, J.M. Kamirul Hasan Chowdhury. Antioxidative and neuroprotective effects of Leea macrophylla root extracts on diazepam-induced memory impairment in amnesic Wistar albino rat. Clinical Phytoscience; 2016 2:17
- Md. Nazim Uddin, Nazim Uddin Ahmed, Md. Atiar Rahman, Rasheda Akter & Rehana Akter. Antioxidative Potential of the Polyphenolics of Stephania japonica var. Discolor (Blume) Forman:A Chromatographic (HPLC) and Spectrophotometric Measure. Int J of Food Properties. Vol. 16:13. DOI: 10.1080/10942912.2015.1048355.
- Samina Akhter, Md. Atiar Rahman, Jannatul Aklima, Md. Rakibul Hasan, J.M.Kamirul Hasan Chowdhury, Antioxidative role of Hatikana (Leea macrophylla Roxb.) partially improves the hepatic damage induced by CCl4 in Wistar Albino Rats. Biomed Research International,Volume 2015 (2015), Article ID 356729, 12 pages. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2015/356729.
- Talha Bin Emran, Md Atiar Rahman, Mir Muhammad Nasir Uddin, Md Mominur Rahman, Md Zia Uddin , Raju Dash and Chadny Layzu. Effects of organic extracts and their different fractions of five Bangladeshi plants on in vitro thrombolysis. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine (2015) 15:128 DOI 10.1186/s12906-015-0643-2.
- Md Mominur Rahman, Muhammad Erfan Uddin, Abu Mohammed Taufiqual Islam, Md Ashraf Uddin Chowdhury. CNS Depressant and Antinociceptive Effects of Different Fractions of Pandanus Foetidus Roxb. Leaf Extract in Mice. Malays J Med Sci. May-Jun 2015; 22(3): 33-40
- Sakib Mahmud, Samina Akhter, Md. Atiar Rahman*, Jannatul Aklima, Shaheen Akhter, Syeeda Rayhana Merry, S. M. Rakibul Jubair, Raju Dash, and Talha Bin Emran. Antithrombotic Effects of Five Organic Extracts of Bangladeshi Plants In Vitro and Mechanisms in In Silico Models. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2015:782742. doi: 10.1155/2015/782742
- Talha Bin Emran, Md. Atiar Rahman, Mir Muhammad Nasir Uddin, Raju Dash, Md. Firoz Hossen, Mohammad Mohiuddin and Md. Rashadul Alam. Molecular docking and inhibition studies on the interactions of Bacopa monnieri's potent phytochemicals against pathogenic Staphylococcus aureus. DARU Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 23:26. doi: 10.1186/s40199-015-0106-9.
- Md Atiar Rahman*, Md Shahidul Islam. Alpinia calcarata Roscoe: A potential phytopharmacological source of natural medicine. Pharmacognosy Review, 9 (17):55-62. DOI:10.4103/0973-7847.156350.
- Muhammad Erfan Uddin, Md. Ashraf Uddin Chowdhury, Md. Atiar Rahman, Abu Mohammed Taufiqual Islam and Md. Rafikul Islam. Antioxidants and Total Phenolics of Ludwigia repens rubin Partially Improve the Hepatic Damage Induced by Carbon Tetra Chloride in Animal Model. Bioresearch Communications, Vol 1. No 2. 2015: Page: 76-81.
- Talha Bin Emran, Mir Muhammad Nasir Uddin, Md. Atiar Rahman, Md. Ismail Hossain, Md. Mohaiminul Islam and Md. Imtiazul Kabir. In vitro Erythrocyte Membrane Stabilization Properties of Solanum aethiopicum L. Fruit Extracts. Bioresearch Communications, Vol1. No.2, 2015: Page: 111-115.
- Md. Atiar Rahman* and Md. Shahidul Islam. A dose response relationship of Xylitol on type 2 diabetes in STZ-induced animal model. Journal of Food Science. Vol 79 (7): 1436-1442. July 2014.
- Md. Khalilur Rahman, Md. Anisuzzaman Chowdhury, Md. Fokhrul Islam, Soumitra Barua, Md. Atiar Rahman*. 2014. Antidiarrheal and thrombolytic effects of methanol extract of Wikstroemia indica (L.) C. A. Mey leaves. International Journal of Green Pharmacy. 9(1):8-13. DOI: 10.4103/0973-8258.150914.
- Foni Bushon Biswas, Tapashi Ghosh Roy, Md. Atiar Rahman* and Talha Bin Emran. An in vitro antibacterial and antifungal effects of Cadmium (II) complexes of hexamethyltetraazacyclotetradecadiene and isomers of its saturated analogue. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. 2014; 4 (Suppl 2): S618-S623. doi: 10.12980/APJTB.4.2014APJTB-2014-0193.
- Md. Atiar Rahman* and Md. Shahidul Islam. Alpinia calcarata Roscoe: a potential phytopharmacological source of natural medicine. Pharmacognosy Reviews. Accepted in 2014. In press.
- A.M. Abu Ahmed, Farjana Sharmen, Adnan Mannan, Md Atiar Rahman. 2014. Phytochemical, analgesic, antibacterial, and cytotoxic effects of Alpinia nigra (Gaertn.) Burtt leaf extract. Journal of Traditional and Complementary Medicine. In press, issue doi: 10.1016/j.jtcme.2014.11.012.
- Uddin MN; Rahman MA*; Mitra K; Akter R. Preliminary phytochemical analysis and in vitro antioxidant activities of methanol extract of Argyreia argentea (Roxb). International Journal of Applied Research in Natural Products Vol. 7 (1), pp. 1-7. 2014.
- Talha Bin Emran and Md. Atiar Rahman*. Sedative, anxiolytic and analgesic effects of Urena sinuata L. leaf extract in animal models. International Food Research Journal. 21(5): 2069-2075 (2014)
- A. M. Abu Ahmed, Md. Monirul Islam, Md. Atiar Rahman*, and Md. Anwar Hossain. Thrombolytic, Cytotoxic and Antidiabetic Effects of Paederia foetida L. Leaf Extract. British Journal of Medicine & Medical Research 4(5): 1244-1256, 2014.
- Shirin Akhter, Md. Alauddin, Md. Atiar Rahman* and Mahmood A Chowdhury. Effect of Protein Energy Malnutrition on the Diarrheal Electrolyte Imbalance in Children of Chittagong Region, Bangladesh. Indian Journal Nutrition, 1 (1): 1-
- Md. Rafiqul Islam, Md. Atiar Rahman*, and Md. Abdul Mazid (2013), Development and Validation of Modified RP-HPLC method for the determination of Vitamin E in Pharmaceutical dosage forms, The CDR Journal, Vol 5 (1):19-24.
- Md. Ehsan Uddin Talukder, Jannatul Aklima, Talha Bin Emran, Sayedul Islam, Atiar Rahman and Robiul Hasan Bhuiyan. In vitro Antioxidant Potential of Momordica charantia Fruit Extracts. British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research 3(4): 963-971, 2013.
- Md. Mominur Rahman, Md. Razibul Habib, Md. Atiar Rahman* Abu Mohammed Taufiqul Islam, Muhammad Erfan Uddin, Md. Asharf Uddin Chowdhury, In Vivo Antidiarrheal and Cytotoxic Potential of Different Fractions of Pandanus Foetidus Leaves, American J of Biomedical Sciences, 2013, 5(3), 208-216.
- M Atiar Rahman*, Rabeya Sultana, Talha Bin Emran, M Saiful Islam, M Ashiqur Rahman, Joti Sankhar Chakma,Harun-ur Rashid and Chowdhury Mohammad Monirul Hasan. Effects of organic extracts of six Bangladeshi plants on in vitro thrombolysis and cytotoxicity. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2013, 13:25.
- Abu Mohammed Taufiqual Islam, Md. Ashraf Uddin Chowdhury,Muhammad Erfan Uddin, Md. Mominur Rahman, Md. Razibul Habib, Md. Golam Mezbah Uddin and M. Atiar Rahman*, Protective Effect of Methanolic Extract of Hylocereus polyrhizus Fruits on Carbon Tetra Chloride-Induced Hepatotoxicity in Rat, European Journal of Medicinal Plants, 2013, 3(4): 500-507.
- Md. Ehsan Uddin Talukder, Jannatul Aklima, Talha Bin Emran, Sayedul Islam, Atiar Rahman and Robiul Hasan Bhuiyan. In vitro Antioxidant Potential of Momordica charantia Fruit Extracts , British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2013, 3(4): 963-971.
- Md. Mizanur Rahman, Md. Atiar Rahman*, Nazim uddin, and Mahbub-uz Zaman. Anti-inflammatory and antinociceptive activity of the essential oil isolated from rhizome of Alpinia calcarata, J. Biologically Active Products from Nature (Taylor and Francis), 2013, 2 (6): 365-376.
- Md. Atiar Rahman, Rabeya Sultana, Rasheda Akter and Md. Shahidul Islam, Antidiarrheal and antidiabetic effect of ethanol extract of whole Ageratum conyzoides L. in albino rat model, African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 2013, 7(23):1537-1545.
- Sheikh Aftabuddin*, Mohammad Nurul Azim Sikder, Md. Atiar Rahman, Mohammad Zafar. Antibiotic Resistance of Vibrio Bacteria Isolated From Mud Crab Scylla Serrata of Chakoria Coast, Bangladesh. Research Journal of Pharmaceutical, Biological and Chemical Sciences. 2013, 4(3):325-334.
- M. A. Rahman, M. A (Ashiqur). Rahman and N. U. Ahmed. Phytochemicals of Cassia hirsuta Leaf Extract Show Potential Radical Scavenging, Antibacterial and Cytotoxic Effects. Bangladesh journal of Scientific and Industrial Research. 2013. 48(3):43-50.
- Md. Atiar Rahman*, S.M.Azad Hossain, Nazim Uddin Ahmed and Md. Shahidul Islam. Analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects of Crinum asiaticum leaf alcoholic extract in animal models. African Journal of Biotechnology, 2013, 12(2): 212-218.
- Md. Atiar Rahman and Talha bin Imran, Md. Shahidul Islam. Antioxidative, antimicrobial and cytotoxic effects of the phenolics of Leea indica (Burm. f.) Merr. leaf extract. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences. 2013, 20:213-225. doi.org/10.1016/j.sjbs.2012.11.007
- Md. Saiful Islam and Md. Atiar Rahman. Phytochemicals of the whole Leucas aspera extract show potent antioxidant, antibacterial and cytotoxic effects. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Biomedicine. 2013, 3: 273-286.
- Abu Nasim Nizami, Md. Atiar Rahman*, Nazim Uddin Ahmed, Md. Shahidul Islam, Whole Leea macrophylla ethanolic extract normalizes kidney deposits and recovers renal impairments in an ethylene glycol-induced urolithiasis model of rats. 2012. Asian Pacific Journal of Tropical Medicine. Vol 5, pp. 533-538.
- Md. Atiar Rahman*, Joti Sankhar Chakma, Md. Nazrul Islam, Md. Shahidul Islam. Composition of the Essential Oil of Clausena Suffruticosa Leaf and Evaluation of its Antimicrobial and Cytotoxic Activities Tropical Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, Oct, 2012; 11 (5):739-746.
- Md. Atiar Rahman*, Md. Nazim Uddin, Nazim Uddin Ahmed, Md. Mahbub-Uz-Zaman, Md. Sohel Rana, Md. Shahidul Islam. Evaluation of phytochemical, antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory properties of Eclipta alba ethanol extract, Journal of Pharmaceutical and Biomedical Sciences, 2012, 25(25),130-140.
- Md. Atiar Rahman*, Nasima Akter, Md. Hasanur Rashid, Nazim Uddin Ahmed, Md. Nazim Uddin, Md. Shahidul Islam. Analgesic and anti-inflammatory effect of whole Ageratum conyzoides and Emilia sonchifolia alcoholic extracts in animal models. 2012. African Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 6(20), pp. 1469-1476.
- Talha Bin Emran, Md. Atiar Rahman*, S.M. Zahid Hosen, Md. Mominur Rahman, Abu Mohammad Toufiqul Islam, Md. Ashraf Uddin Chowdhury, Muhammad Erfan Uddin. 2012. Analgesic activity of Leea indica (Burm. f.) Merr. Phytopharmacology, 3 (1):150-157.
- Tapas Kanti Dey*, Talha Bin Emran, Dibyajyoti Saha, Md. Atiar Rahman, S.M. Zahid Hosen and Nipa Chowdhury. Antioxidant activity of ethanol extract of cassia hirsuta (l.) Leaves. Bulletin of Pharmaceutical Research 2012;2(2):78-82
- Talha Bin Emran, Md. Atiar Rahman, S.M. Zahid Hosen, Dibyajyoti Saha and Tapas Kanti Dey. Antioxidant property of ethanolic extract of Leucas aspera linn. Bulletin of Pharmaceutical Research, 2012, 2(1):46-9.
- Talha Bin Emran, Md. Atiar Rahman, S. M. Zahid Hosen, Umma Hane Khanam and Dibyajyoti Saha. Antioxidant, cytotoxic and phytochemical properties of the ethanol extract of Leea indica leaf.. Journal of Pharmacy Research. 2012, 5(5): 2938-2941.
- Nipa Chowdhury, Talha Bin Emran, Dibyajyoti Saha, Md. Atiar Rahman and S.M. Zahid Hosen. Cytotoxic potential of the ethanolic extract of Leucas aspera. Bulletin of Pharmaceutical Research 2012, 2(2):87-90.
- Md. Alim Uddin Chowdhury, Md. Atiar Rahman, Marufa Zahan, Md. Hossain Sohrab, Chowdhury Md. Monirul Hasan, And Yunus AhmeD. Phytochemical and biological investigation of Saurauja roxburghii. Asian Journal of Chemistry; 2012, 24(4): 1825-1830
- J. S. Chakma, M. A. Rahman, S. Islam, M. S. Rana, and N. U. Ahmed. 2011. Analgesic and Anti-inflammatory Effect of Clausena suffruticosa Root Extract in Animal Model, Journal of Scientific Research. 2011, 3(3):631-639.
- Atiar Rahman, Joti Chakma, Saiful Islam and Nazim Uddin. Evaluation of Antioxidant, Antibacterial, Antifungal and Cytotoxic effects of Clausena suffruticosa ethanolic roots extracts. Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science. 2011, 1(5):90-95.
- Md. Atiar Rahman*, Rumana Sharmin, Md. Nazim Uddin, Md.Sohel Rana and Nazim Uddin Ahmed. 2011. Antibacterial, antioxidant and cytotoxic properties of Crinum asiaticum bulb extract, Bangladesh Journal of Microbiology, 2011, 28 (1):1-5. http://dx.doi.org/10.3329/bjm.v28i1.11801.
- Md. Atiar Rahman*, Rumana Sharmin, Md. Nazim Uddin, Mahbub-Uz-Zaman, Sohel Rana Nazim Uddin Ahmed. Antinociceptive and antiinflammatory effect of crinum asiaticum bulb extract, Asian Journal of Pharmaceutical and Clinical Research. 2011, 4(3):34-37
- Taslima Ahsan, Md. Atiar Rahman*, Nazim Uddin Ahmed and Nazim Uddin. Anti-inflammatory and analgesic activity of Argyreia argentea ethanol extract in animal model, Taibah University Journal of Sciences. 2010, JTUSCI 3: 1-7.
- Nazim Uddin, Md. Atiar Rahman*, Nazim Uddin Ahmed, Md. Sohel Rana, Rasheda Akter and A. M. Masudul Azad Chowdhury, Antioxidant. Cytotoxic and Antimicrobial Properties of Eclipta alba Ethanol Extract, International Journal of Biological & Medical Research. 2010; 1(4): 341-346.
- Uddin MN, Begum J, Rahman MA*, Ahmed NU, Akter R, Abdullah AM. Antinociceptive and anti-inflammatory properties of the methanol leaf extract of Argyreia argentea. J. Pharm. Sci. & Res. 2010, 2(8): 465-471.
- Taslima Ahsan, Md. Atiar Rahman*, Nazim Uddin Ahmed and Seikh Boktear Uddin. Antioxidant and cytotoxic properties of the ethanol extract of Argyreia argentea stem, Journal of scientific Research. 2010, 2(3):621-628.
- Md. Atiar Rahman*, Taslima Ahsan, and Saiful Islam. Antibacterial and antifungal properties of the methanol extract from the stem of Argyreia argentea, Bangladesh J. Pharmacol. 2010, 5: 41-44
- Md. Sohel Rana, Md. Atiar Rahman*, Mahbub-uz-Zaman, Md. Alamgir Kabir and Habibur R Bhuiyan. Antinoceceptive and antiinflamatory activities of Urtica crenulata methanol stem extract, Malaysian Journal of pharmaceutical sciences. 2010, 7(2):113–124.
- M. A. Rahman*, M. S. Rana, M. U. Zaman, and S. A. Uddin. Antioxidant, Antibacterial and Cytotoxic Activity of the Methanol Extract of Urtica Crenulata, Journal of Scientific Research. 2010. 2(1):169-177.
- Dipa Das, Md. Alauddin, Md. Atiar Rahman* K.K.Nath and Md. Rokonuzzaman. Effect of preservatives on extending the shelf-life of Rasogolla, Chemical Engineering Research Bulletin, 2010, 14:19-24.
- Mowla A, Alauddin M, Rahman Md A*, Ahmed K. Antihyperglycemic effect of Trigonella foenum-graecum (fenugreek) seed extract in alloxan-induced diabetic rats and its use in diabetes mellitus: a brief qualitative phytochemical and acute toxicity test on the extract. Afr. J. Trad. CAM. 2009, 6(3): 255 – 261.
- Md. Enamul Haque, Md. Nahidul Islam, Mahbub Hossain, Akim Uddin Mohamad, Md. Fazlul Karim and Md. Atiar Rahman, Antimicrobial and Cytotoxic Activities of Dillenia pentagyna. Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. Sci. 2008, 7(1): 103-105.
- Rahman M. A., Antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities of different extracts isolated from the bark of Crataeva nurvala (Capparidaceae), Dhaka Univ. J Biol. Sci. 2008, 17(1):73-77.
- Rahman MD A, Katayama T, Suzuki T, Nakagawa T, Stereochemistry and biosynthesis of (+)-lyoniresinol, a syringyl tetrahydronaphthalene lignan in Lyonia ovalifolia var. elliptica I: isolation and stereochemistry of syringyl lignans and predicted precursors to (+)-lyoniresinol from wood. J Wood Sci. 2007, 53(2):161-167.
- Rahman MD A, Katayama T, Suzuki T, Yoshihara Y, Nakagawa T, Stereochemistry and biosynthesis of (+)-lyoniresinol, a syringyl tetrahydronaphthalene lignan in Lyonia ovalifolia var. elliptica II: feeding experiments with 14C labeled precursors. J Wood Sci. 2007, 53(2) :114 -120.
- Haque Md. E, Rahman Md. A, Amin A, Shekher H U, Alkamide and lignan from the stem bark of Piper chaba (Piperaceae), Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. Sci, 2004, 3(1-2): 69-74.
- Rahman Md. A, Haque Md. E, Chowdhury E K, Shibib B A , Alkaloids from Litsea glutinosa stem bark, Dhaka Univ. J. Pharm. Sci, Vol. 2, No 1, pp. 57-61.
- Rahman Md. A, Haque Md. E, Chowdhury E K, Antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities of the crude extracts and isolated compounds of Litsea glutinosa (Lawracea Rox), Bangladesh J. Microbiol, Vol. 18, No 2, pp. 191-294.
- Mohammad Shah Hafez Kabir1, Mohammed Munawar Hossain1, Md. Imtiazul Kabir1, Shabbir Ahmad1, Nishan Chakrabarty1, Md. Atiar Rahman2*. Antioxidant, antidiarrheal, hypoglycemic and thrombolytic activities of organic and aqueous extracts of Hopea odorata leaves and in silico PASS prediction of its isolated compounds. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine.